Co-opted Governor vacancies:
We have a fantastic opportunity available!
To help us shape the direction of our School and the exciting future ahead, the school Governing Board are currently looking for Co-opted Governors to join the team.
Governors support in making important decisions on how the school is run as well as setting the schools ethos and vision, but are not involved in the day-to-day operational business of the school – this is undertaken by the school’s leadership team and dedicated staff.
This is an ideal opportunity to share your experience, expertise and skills.
Governors are expected to:
- have a strong commitment to the role
- have a practical and professional approach to problem solving
- have the confidence to ask questions and participate in discussion objectively
- have a willingness to listen, process information and make informed decisions
- work well with others and become a valued member of the team
- be able to dedicate time to attend regular meetings and support the school community
As a Governor you may have an area of specialist knowledge or bring practical skills and experience to this role. We are in particular need of an applicant from a finance background.
Many of our current Governors are in full time employment and manage their commitment to the governing board around their existing responsibilities. No special qualifications are needed, the most important thing is to have a keen interest in our school and be prepared to play an active part in the work of the Governing Board.
For more information contact Michelle Hoyle, Clerk to the Governors, firstname.lastname@example.org